Monday, February 21, 2005

Lamb of God

F. Melius Christiansen arranged "O Lamm Gottes unschulding" into a choral setting. It's a beautiful piece, I recommend trying it out. St Olaf Choir has a recording of this piece on their new "Great Hymns of Faith, vol. 2."

The reason I'm writing this is that I am procrastinating doing a few things: 1. Studying that score for my conducting audition one week from today. 2. Calling a former music director to be a reference for said audition. The reference is due on Friday, so time is quite important, and I'm sure he would be willing to write it, I guess I'm nervous so my procrastination is due to that.

Which leads to the question: why do we procrastinate that which makes us nervous?

This audition, whether I am accepted or not, will teach me many things. Obviously, how to audition, but it will give me an opportunity to work with a choir that may be the best choir I have ever heard -- the St. Olaf Choir. Now I'm not certain that I will be conducting them, but there is a good chance.

Peace.

No comments: