Thursday, September 07, 2006

First Rehearsal

So, we had our first rehearsal at choir on Wednesday. Yesterday. It was good. I forget that people forget about the first rehearsal, decide not to be in it at the last minute etc.

When I first started, we had a few more people than we do now. Well, I don't think the numbers are different, just jostled a bit. We lost a few, 2 tenors (both of which were sometimes there), a couple of basses (1 who was celebrating his 50th anniversary with the choir), and a soprano (wife of one of the tenors. We've gained two sopranos, an alto, and a couple of basses. I guess that's a net change of zero. But what can I do to change this cycle?

Here are my ideas;
  • do mostly SAB music, to get higher quality sound (and not kill our sole tenor)
  • do some more "fun" music, like gospel and/or African
  • do nothing, it's not my fault after all.


This is all, I'm going to bed, good night.

No comments: