Friday, November 10, 2006

Hitler

So in one of my classes, The Church and Music, each member of the class is supposed to pick a person to study and represent during the rest of the term. I picked Adolf Hitler. Why? you may ask. Well, Adolf (we are on a first name basis, now) has some very specific ideas about music and the church. For instance, do you really think that he would like the magnificat? "He has shown strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts. He has brought down the powerful from their thrones, and lifted up the lowly; he has filled the hungry with good things, and sent the rich away empty." Luke 1:51-53 NRSV

So that's my story. I've got nothing. I'm sure this will be an interesting 6 weeks.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Springtime for Hitler is my favorite musical! You could use that!

~moe~ said...

I would love to know more of what you discovered with Adolf. I thought about at one point writing a master's thesis about Adolf, but never got around to it. I have tons of Third Reich and Holocaust books on my bookshelf which really worries people though...