Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Devil Always Quotes Scripture...

I found it interesting when I heard that in the Bible, the devil always quotes scripture (or God before scripture was script). Someone else told me this, I haven't done research on the topic, but after hearing the stories again about Jesus tempted in the wilderness and Eve and the serpent, I think that it is true.

Many years ago I knew a group of Bible bangers. The Fundagelical type. They informed me that I was going to Hell, I told them I was and they started preaching damnation to me. Now, when I look back at that experience, I realize that they weren't preaching God's Word, they were bastardizing it. They were telling me their word, which is most certainly not the Word.

Now this question occurs to me... is the entire Fundagelical movement just another way that the devil is fighting God?

No comments: