Friday, April 13, 2007

Freedom!

The other day I was confronted with the question, "what does freedom feel like?"

Today I have an answer:
Today is the 10 year anniversary of the day I broke up with the girl I lovingly call "Psycho Ex-Girlfriend." Now we only dated for a year in HS, but that was huge then AND she made a decidedly large impact on me, the scars of which have faded, but I still can't smell artificial vanilla without wanting to vomit.

I am free, free, free!
I am free, free, free!
I am free, free, free!
I AM FREE!

Now that I've said this (wrote it, whatever!), why do people question my remembering of the day? Shouldn't we celebrate victories? Shouldn't we celebrate achievements? Shouldn't we send ex-girlfriends cards commemorating anniversaries of this type? And why is it only people who don't have psycho exes that question this?

No matter how you slice it, I'm free. And there ain't nothin' you can do about it!

No comments: