Saturday, June 23, 2007

5K's Suck...

I ran my first 5K with Becky. It sucked. I can't wait to do it again. I won't post my time, it's depressing, but I finished and failure is a much better motivator anyway.

Partly because the 5K sucked, I bought some new running shoes. I am excited. Last time I bought "running" shoes, they turned into "generic athletic" shoes. The problem with that is that I'm trying to train myself to run with better form than I walk. When I use the other shoes for softball (they get dirty) I wear them out differently than for running Plus, the fit was wrong, which was the real impetus for the purchase of new shoes... Oh, yea, and new running socks. I'm gonna be so fit, I'll be able to run a whole block without getting winded. No marathons yet.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

I'm so proud of you! That's so great!

Don't be embarrassed about your time (believe me!). You did something that most of the population will never attempt! And you finished! Without dying! That's so awesome!

What kind of shoes did you get? When are you running your next one?