Monday, July 30, 2007

Perfect Record!!

So, I played softball this season for the first time ever! Well, I played Little Leaue in grade school, but I think I stopped in 5th grade. So, I was 10 or 11 at the time and now I'm older, so that means I haven't played in about 17-18 years!

Anyway, we finished our final game tonight, and I'm happy to report that we had a perfect record: 11-0. Oops, I mean 0-11. Now this was one of those things that was bound to happen. Here's our team: We have 3 men that play softball and 2 women that do, the other half of the team is in the same boat as me or worse. So yea, that's my story.

Anyway, I pitched the last 7 games and we've been doing better. Partly because I seem to be a slightly better pitcher (if at all), but mostly because the guy that was pitching is one heck of a fielder! Well, the last three games were our best of the season, we lost by 3, 1, and 3 in chronological order. Whereas the first three games we lost by 15, 7, and 9.

Anyway, I wanted to celebrate with you all. Thank you.


As I was rereading this, I realize I use a lot of exclamation points when I write. A former roommate of mine is an English prof. who hates, detests exclamation points. Us living together? I smell sit-com! <-- Look! There was another one!

2 comments:

Jason said...

You're doing that just to needle me now.

It's not working, though. Life is too good at the moment.

Are you telling me that that day of softball at my bachelor party didn't prepare you for a breakout rookie season?

heh.

~moe~ said...

Ha! Jeff was second. :)