Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Last week...

This is for you M. Filly, a recap of last week...

Monday...
At Luther, we have these study carrels that can be "checked out" for a semester. So a week earlier I checked one out. Someone else's stuff was there, so I asked for a different one, but the student worker said that it was checked out to me so I couldn't. Well, after a week of dealing with this guy's stuff still at the carrel, I went again to complain. The front desk manager said that the guy still wanted it, so they checked it out to him. Oh, and by the way, there aren't any more. Even though there were last week when you had originally asked for a different one. Grr.

Tuesday...
I can't remember what it was, but I was pissy because of something similar to Monday. Oh, just a general pissy day... I had a bad voice lesson. It all goes sour when that happens.

Wednesday...
a normal Wednesday, but I had to go to this "cluster" meeting. We don't really do much, and furthermore, Wednesday is my day to work at church. I was stuck at this pointless meeting for 2 hours and got little done at church. Rehearsal, however, went fabulous!

Thursday...
This is the kicker.
I was driving to St Olaf (Luther Music Students drive there 2x a week for music classes) and I looked at my gas gauge, 1/4 tank. Plenty. We got to Ole and had a regular class... on the way back, I looked and it was at E. Knowing that I have a lot of gas after E I wasn't worried. Plus, my passenger had to be at school by 1:10 and we would be cutting it close. Anyway, I kept going and going and ran out of gas about 2 miles from home on 280! The detour for 35W! Arrggh! COMPLETELY illegal and STOOPID.
After about 30 seconds, a friend passes by, slows down, then realizes that she can's stop either so she takes off. I call her and she delivers a can of gas and I drive back. (There's more, but this post would be 15 screens long). I will NEVER do that again!

Friday...
I went to a party at a fellow musician's and that was fun. Becky went out-of-town. That was less fun, but...

Saturday...
I went to the library for about 5 hours and got a lot caught up. I'm not caught up, but I'm closer.

Sunday...
Our 2 year anniversary. (I got her a pearl necklace... the real kind). She has never had one, and I've heard that all women need to have one, "They're so versatile." We hung out all day and went shopping. All in all a good day. We also had dinner at Tucci Benuuch and the MOA. It was our "fancy" restaurant when we were dating, so it was fun to go back.


This week hasn't been shaping up to be much better than last week, but I'll keep plugging away. "I think I can..." Maybe I'm getting sick.

Have a great week, Y'all.

No comments: