Sunday, November 25, 2007

Online Religious Discussion

So, I was on Facebook for some unknown reason and stumbled onto a site about religion and people discussing the evils and benefits of it and it quickly turned into a slug fest. They always do. I normally do not partake, but for some reason I decided to put my foot into the ring and fight too.

I fought both sides, just so that you know. I fought the over-the-top fundagelicals and the anti-Christians. I was somewhere in-between them and played with that. I don't really have anything more to say, I just thought I'd write for a little while.

Good day.

4 comments:

~moe~ said...

Interesting. I'm doing NaBloPoMo and there is a Lutheran Bloggers group. Two of them were getting into how the Lutherans from God's Country (ie the upper midwest) would move to different parts of the country and then try to tell the churches there that they weren't doing it 'right'. But when I asked them what it was they were referring to, they couldn't give a straight answer and their descriptions of the churches sounded a lot like the churches we have here. Not a fun discussion there either.

M.Filly said...

I ask this with the deepest respect:

Were you arguing both sides because they both had valid points, because your opinion is somewhere in between, or because you wanted to screw with their heads?

Sean said...

Filly, Yes.

M.Filly said...

That reminds me of the following exchange from Brave New Workshop's holiday show:

"Is that a man or a woman?"
"No."