Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Resolutions

Happy New Year!

A friend, Moe, blogged her resolutions. Since I know that my resolutions won't work, I normally don't make them. However, since this is a public space, which people can poke and prod at someone if they don't fulfill a resolution, I will write some "goals" for 2008. Also, I used to work for Franklin Covey, so they are SMART-Specific, Measurable, Action-Oriented and Timely. Except for a couple that it would be cheesy to set actual SMART goals. (Thanks for the idea, Moe!)
  • By June 15th, 2008, I will reduce clutter in my home by storing papers and class notes in an electronic format.

  • I will lose 10 more pounds by May 15th by working out 3 times a week.

  • I will decrease spending by eating outside of the home no more than once a week. (Unless someone is treating!)

  • I will read one book this summer for fun (due date August 15, 2008). (I don't read for fun right now.)

  • I will keep in better contact with family and friends (I'm really bad at this.)

  • I will spend more time on studies.

This is all I have, I guess they were only SMART-ish, but a little better than what could have gone up here. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

~moe~ said...

I did call mine resolutions, didn't i? I usually try not to - I'm more about a life plan instead of resoluting to do something. Whatever.

I love that you put you'll read a book for fun over spending more time on studies. Granted you put this summer but it still kills me.

Electronic format...I like that. I've thought about getting a scanner and scanning in my notes from classes (you never know if I'll ever break and return for an MDIV) so I don't have them in the 18,000 binders. That's a good idea.

And thank you for making me a category. :) I love it. :)

Miss you!

~moe~ said...

So what book did you read for fun by August 15?

And I don't see a goal for a 100mile bike ride here. :) How can you be called a hypocrite?

Baritonality said...

OK, you got me. The biking 100 miles was a side goal along with the weight loss.

I read a couple of books in that time. I think the purely fun one was really a short story and was "Jonathan Livingston Seagull." I guess I would recommend it, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

By the way, thanks for referring back to this post. I had forgotten about the eating out resolution. I will be eating out for the 3rd time this week (by myself, and I think Becky and I ate out 2 or 3 times together!). I will have to revisit this goal, huh?