Thursday, June 12, 2008

Failure

I don't recall if I wrote about this before, but I want to share this with you all.

I wrote something and attached it to my computer monitor. I rarely see it, because it is always there, but for some reason I looked tonight.

Strive for FAILURE

I realized sometime last year that I have this fear of failure. I have set myself up so that I cannot fail, or that failing would be difficult. So the last few years I've been purposely putting myself into positions in which I could fail.

Strive for FAILURE

I guess I don't need to strive to fail, but because of this, I have realized that I am not my failures. I am my reaction to those failures. Or, as was the case, my preconceived reaction to perceived future failures. I make my own destiny by creating self-fulfilling prophecies.

I don't know where I am going with this blog, but I wanted to throw out some of my self-actualization stuff. It's weird getting to know one's self.

No comments: