Wednesday, July 23, 2008

By popular demand.... my life.

OK, so I haven't posted in a month. I'm sorry. My life hasn't been that interesting and I haven't had things to write about. That being said, here's an update:

Becky and I are moving! We are leaving the cramped seminary apartment for another apartment that is larger(!). We will be moving back to Bloomington. I say back because we grew up there, but we have never lived, together, in Bloomington.

I am taking this next year off of Seminary to "discern" our calling(s). I am really excited for the change. I'm still looking for a job, but I'm sure something will come up. I'm almost to the point where McDonald's is looking good.

On a similar note, I did resign at Christ as their Choir Director. I actually did that before Becky and I talked about taking this year off. We've been worshiping at a lot of different churches and I've been having a lot of fun with that. I don't know about Becky, though. I think she likes the stability. I did preach at a church in Hector, MN for the 4th of July weekend. I liked that! The people were simply amazing.

There's everything in a nutshell. I might post the sermon on the other blog, just for something to post. Have a great week, friends!

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

It's good to really discern your calling(s). I totally agree that no one has one calling, that a person can be many things. As my music ed prof told me in college, "You can be anything, moe, you just have to make the decision to do it and you'll succeed." I'm reminding myself of that this week as I get back into my training and weight loss program after a week at youth camp. It's good to step back and regroup. I have another analogy but this is already getting long so I'll let that go.

Trust and faith in God...it'll take you anywhere.