Saturday, August 30, 2008

Goal update

Hey group. I realized that I haven't updated anyone on my goals, so here goes:

I'm still at about the same weight and body fat. I have been swimming many days a week, so I am thinking that my aerobic activity will soon show improvement.

I've been climbing at least once a week, but I plateaued, and quickly. I'm reading a book with training tips in it to help with that.

I've read a couple of books thus far and am excited to be working on a few right now.
I finished: "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" by Richard Bach, "Prayer of the Faithful" by Walter Huffman, HG Wells' "The Time Machine" and I'm now working on "How to Read a Book" by Adler and Van Doren, "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift, and "Tao Te Ching" by Lao Tze.
Note: All of these are being read while I "work." I get more than enough time to read here. And now, I'm updating you all on my goal progress, while I'm "working."

Well, I'm off to read. I've only conversed with 3 customers today. Maybe I'll get another before I leave at 4:00. Happy Labor Day!

2 comments:

~moe~ said...

You're reading a book on how to read a book? I'm confused. :)

Baritonality said...

Yea. I'm reading a book on how to read a book. It's actually great, I wish I would have read it before grad school. And college. Well. I guess I'm thankful I am reading it now.

I recommend it. I think there's a free version on Google Books if you want to see what it is all about.

~Sean