Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Reflections

I sit in a busy mall, all by myself.

I've never realized just how weird it is as a kiosk employee. I've realized why so many jump at every person that walks by, while others become secluded in a book or internet or some other non-work activity. I'm try to stay in the middle and not avoid people with another task or freak people out by harassing them.

While I was living at home, my mom started reading everything in sight, John Grisham, Danielle Steele, pretty much anything. She would read in the living room with the TV on, us asking her questions, pretty distracted. I would marvel at her ability to tune out and in depending on need and still know what was going on in the book.

Reading in a busy mall is giving me that ability.

I kind of like my newly practiced ability. I might soon read in a plane terminal or on the light rail. With these new powers, I may even be able to conquer the State Fair!

Yes, I'm that bored.

No comments: