Monday, September 01, 2008

Like the wind

There are many ways I'm like the wind, but today I will tell you only this way. I keep changing directions.

I got a package in the mail from Amazon on Saturday containing 2-2GB cards for Sean and Becky's new phones (Chocolate 3, we switched to Verizon from TMobile) and 2 books (so that we could get free shipping. That's the only reason, I swear.

Well, now I started reading them, they are short, so I won't divert much attention away from the other books, plus it's good practice for my "How to Read a Book" book that I'm reading.

Anyway, I screwed up on the order and got the original edition of "The Elements of Style" by Wm. Strunk, Jr. I was thinking I was getting the Strunk and White version, but alas, the first edition. Oh well, it should help prevent atrocious writing such as the last few paragraphs, but this is just stream of consciousness writing anyway.

I also bought "The Elements of Grammar" by Margaret Shertzer. I don't know anything about it, but it was highly recommended to me by Amazon, maybe they had too many of them. I still am planning on reading Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace (9th Edition) by Joseph M. Williams, but that will come. "Style" was suggested by an English professor-friend.

Any suggestions on other books to peruse? I have lot's of reading time now.


No comments: