Thursday, October 09, 2008

politics

While I don't usually do politics on this blogging thing, I have extremists on both sides as subscribers, I'll make an exception for this.

I've never believed the "Maverick"-ness of McCain, but I didn't know much about him personally.  I did like in the RNC the sign that read, "Original Mavrick."  That made me giggle.

My favorite part in this article, so far is:
This is the story of the real John McCain, the one who has been hiding in plain sight. It is the story of a man who has consistently put his own advancement above all else, a man willing to say and do anything to achieve his ultimate ambition: to become commander in chief, ascending to the one position that would finally enable him to outrank his four-star father and grandfather.
What's with these presidents with daddy issues? 

4 comments:

Jason said...

Has that been a problem?

Yeah, it seems to me the Republican party needs to burn it down and start over. There are admirable parts of the GOP, but those are overshadowed by the narrowminded, ignorant, stupid policies and discourses of the last thirty years.

But I don't mind all of that biting the Rethuglicans in the ass this time. I'm with Daily Kos. I want to see the conservatives suffer on this one.

paheadband said...

So I just ended up stumbling across this blog while doing some further research for Luther Sem... I'm looking to do the MSM program and am auditioning in February. Thanks- Peter

Baritonality said...

Well, Peter, if you want to chat about Luther, let me know. I'm not the majority view, mind you!

~moe~ said...

Ok - first I'm totally jealous you got to see Borge in concert. I love him! Dad and I used to catch him on PBS all the time and laugh and laugh. I actually have him on VHS somewhere (which I had given Dad for Christmas one year). *sigh*

Second - to Peter: I'd also be happy to chat about Luther. I can tell you what the majority view is but also can tell you about it from an MSM auditioner, MDiv deserter, and MA major.