Saturday, January 03, 2009

Resloute shuns.

OK, so I again am reminded about resolutions because of Moe.  Thanks, I think.  Here are last year's resolutions:

By June 15th, 2008, I will reduce clutter in my home by storing papers and class notes in an electronic format.
Didn't happen.  I completely forgot about this, however, I reduced clutter by filing papers. C-
I will lose 10 more pounds by May 15th by working out 3 times a week.
I'm not sure if I accomplished this.  I think I was at about 195 and am now at 186 and was there by May 15th.  So, I think so, but I was not specific in my goal/resolution.  A-
I will decrease spending by eating outside of the home no more than once a week. (Unless someone is treating!)
I was good at this for a while, but when I started working retail, this became far from reality.  F.
I will read one book this summer for fun (due date August 15, 2008). (I don't read for fun right now.)
Yep.  A couple. A+
I will keep in better contact with family and friends (I'm really bad at this.)
Who knows?  I've seen friends I haven't seen in a while.  But is this really measurable?  Nope.  I
I will spend more time on studies.
Nope.  What studies?  F

Well, I think my overall score is something like a C for the year.  That's pretty good.  I haven't set goals/resolutions for 2009, but I'm renewing my birthday goals of 2008.

On May 14th, 2009, I will have 10% body fat. (This is a huge goal, but I want a six-pack for a little while in my life).
-Along with this, I will run (the whole way) a 5K. Grandma's 5K, Friday, June 19, 2009
-I will finish a century bike ride (100 miles).  http://www.djjd.org/
-I will master a knew skill: rock climbing. This I will work on more.  I have lost the timing, but I'll get it back.
Sing 
Play piano. 
Perform piano in public (I don't know how, but I will) Done! Maybe I'll try it again.
Read 10 books of my own choosing! I have read some, but I need to read a few more.

I will try to update on these plans this year.  I was awful in the past few months.  

God's blessings.

2 comments:

Max Weismann said...

We are a not-for-profit educational organization, founded by Mortimer Adler.

We have recently made an exciting discovery--three years after writing the wonderfully expanded third edition of How to Read a Book, Mortimer Adler and Charles Van Doren made a series of thirteen 14-minute videos on the art of reading. The videos were produced by Encyclopaedia Britannica. For reasons unknown, sometime after their original publication, these videos were lost and are now available.

For those of you who teach, this is great for the classroom.

I cannot over exaggerate how instructive these programs are--we are so sure that you will agree, if you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your donation.

Please go here to see a clip and learn more:

http://www.thegreatideas.org/HowToReadABook.htm

~moe~ said...

You graded yourself? Dude! That's so harsh! :)

Hey maybe if you talk really, really nice to me I could come up and run Grandma's 5K with you. I won't be able to do much more than that since I'll be only a month off my own marathon but it'd be fun to run together.

Good goals. I like them a lot. :)