Friday, March 13, 2009

Reading....lists

So, a few weeks back, I read, "A Child Called 'It'" by Dave Pelzer. There's too much to say about it and none of it needs to be said. I recommend the read and hope you never read it at the same time. The story is so outlandish and far-fetched that throughout the whole book I questioned it's validity and wondered if there was any fact checking going on. You can read the synopsis on Wiki and see the part from his brother. No matter how you slice it, the story is atrocious, but I did like reading it.

Now, I'm reading "The Well-Educated Mind: A Guide to the Classical Education You Never Had." I'm only 2 chapters in, but I like this book. It's meant to fill in the gaps that modern education left behind. For instance, I had a 12th grade reading level since 3rd or 4th grade. Unfortunately, I never moved beyond that. This is to help me with that.

I'm excited.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

I have had "A Child Called 'It'" on my book shelf since the 90s, at least. There were two other books in that series, weren't there? I haven't read any of them. Now I'm not sure if I should or not. :)