Tuesday, August 04, 2009

What's wrong with me?

So, I haven't been keeping up with reading any of my friends' blogs, nor have I been writing in this one. I don't know what's wrong with me. It isn't for lack of time.

I haven't done any running or exercising of any sort since before I left for New Orleans. I'm feeling kind of crappy about that. It's weird that when I didn't exercise, I didn't feel bad when I did not exercise, but now if I skip a few days I get jumpy. I can't really exercise until Thursday. Grr.

Tonight, Becky and I went out with some of her coworkers to see a play at the Fringe Festival called, "Habitat." It was about people who are homeless and it was surprisingly powerful. I say surprisingly not because stories about homeless are not powerful, but rather that there were elements that seemed "hokey" at first. The actors carried scripts, which they used. However, the point of the scripts was to be noticed. The words were not "written," but spoken by people in the situations portrayed. The scripts were to remind everyone that this was true, the words are really coming from people in that position.

Well, I need to go. I may write more tomorrow.

No comments: