Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cafeterias and fun

I'm sitting in the cafeteria at Luther Seminary and someone dropped some glass shattering into a plethora of glass shards. This reminded me of a similar situation that happened to me.
When I was at Normandale, I dropped a bottle of pop which as-ploded. Deeply embarrassed, I helped clean it up, grabbed a new soda, and moved to the cashier to pay.
Pointing at the spot where my mess had been, I say, "I'd like to pay for that." "No," he replied,"you have to pay for that." Confused, I said, "That's what I said, 'I'd like to pay for that.'" Looking quite pissed off, he said, "You still have to pay for that." Realizing my defeat, I gave up trying to pay for it. "OK?!" I said as I handed him the money covering my mistake and my purchases.
I avoided his line for the rest of my tenure. He was an angry man.

Yet another pointless post. I hope all is well with you all.

No comments: